SFW is committed to the protection of the environment through the implementation of an effective ISO14001:2004 accredited environmental management system that meets or exceeds all legislative and regulatory requirements placed on it.
The progress, performance and continual improvements to the SFW EMS are reviewed in the annual IMS Management Review Meeting. Agreed targets are set and improvements are defined and implemented as detailed in the yearly SFW Environmental Management Plan.
Scope of ISO14001:2004
The delivery of IT services from SFW’s UK offices including software design and development, consultancy, project management, hosting, operational and applications management support.
The SFW directors and the Integrated Management Systems Manager are responsible for identifying environmental objectives and targets.
The IMS Manager is responsible for ensuring the implementation of the objectives and ensuring that all employees understand their responsibilities relating to the principles as set out below.
SFW follows good sustainability practices to prevent pollution, reduce the negative and enhance the positive environmental and social impacts of our business activities.
Our commitment to the environment ensures that our integrated management system is continually monitored and improved and will, at a minimum;
- Meet or exceed the ISO14001:2004 Environmental Standard
- Meet or exceed legal, contractual and regulatory requirements
- Be annually reviewed
- Be continually improved
The environmental objectives assessed for continual improvement are;
- The management of emissions to air
- The management of energy consumption
- The management of the use of raw materials and natural resources
- The management of recyclable waste and disposal of general waste
- The management of releases to water
- The assessment of the environmental performance of key suppliers, and co-operation with suppliers, customers and business partners to achieve higher environmental standards.
This policy has been approved by the directors of SFW in January 2011.