BI includes the activities of decision support systems, querying and reporting, online analytical processing (OLAP), statistical analysis, forecasting, and data mining.
BI is not OLAP or data mining, these are just some methods that can be used within the broad activity of BI.
With 20 years' experience of delivering complex (and often bespoke) databases to clients in both the public and private sectors, SFW and its partners offer a broad range of knowledge and understanding with a proven track record.
SFW's range of services include :
- The provision of tools for data exploration & analysis, data and contextual visualisation, and multi-drill down
- The use of performance monitoring tools, such as dashboards and scorecards
- Search functions - to enable easy information/data retrieval
- Data integration and integration services (moving data from Line of Business systems and other sources to provide a single, accurate and cohesive view)
- Analysis services (the OLAP element) which includes the translation of data into meaningful information with which users can interact
- Reporting services - creating simple and drill-down reports for the most commonly used areas
- Data mining - identifying correlations between data sets
- Data warehousing - storing data in the most efficient and effective manner for the organisation concerned.
SFW understands that every project and requirement is unique, so for more information on how SFW can meet your requirements, contact us