Streamlined management tool
Every year, the Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) allocates around £375 million to heritage projects in the UK.
HLF recognised that its paper based system for managing grants was not only inefficient in terms of resource, but also inhibited a quick turnaround of applications.
SFW created a grant management system to translate the end-to-end paper-based processes into a streamlined management tool, starting with forms for applicants to complete and submit via the HLF website, through to tracking the awarded sum.
Improved productivity, accurate data, lower costs
With the system up and running, HLF has significantly streamlined its grant application and management processes, whilst making the application process more user friendly and kinder to the environment.
Some of the benefits include:
- Improved case management, through the use of collaboration and reporting tools
- Improved application management and tracking
- Better staff utilisation and productivity, resulting in improved grant application turnaround times
- Improved data integrity, and availability of management information
- Reduced administration and application processing costs.
“SFW understands not only the technical context, but the broader issues in our organisation and has helped us significantly reduce administration costs. All elements of the service, software applications and solutions include value added elements and the team in place are responsive, flexible and customer oriented.”
Gary Ludgate-Castle, Head of IT, Heritage Lottery Fund